FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Technical Business Analyst for Data Engineering (Remote)
As a Technical Business Analyst for Data, you will drive discussions with business stakeholders to gather requirements, identify problems, and define functional solutions. You will work closely with the members of the team to manage your business project to ensure successful delivery. You will communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints of the project, while ensuring the project ultimately meets the business needs of the stakeholders.
If this appeals to you please come and chat with us to learn more about how you can become a part of our Data team!
What you’ll do:
- Drive discussions with business stakeholders to understand their problems and requirements
- Work with other data team members on proposing technical solutions that meet business needs and requirements
- Manage the expectations of stakeholders by communicating progress and timelines on projects
- Proactively work with business stakeholders to identify longer term opportunities and work with data team to incorporate into roadmap
What you’ll have:
- Experience gathering and consolidating requirements from business stakeholders
- Experience translating business requirements into working solutions
- Experience in building relationships, influencing and working closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions
- Proven track record of managing projects and delivering on time
- Experience working directly with engineering teams
What you might bring:
- Prior data engineering, data modelling, or data operational experience or familiarity
- Prior project management experience
- Experience in agile methodologies, familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Aha
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, or another major cloud provider such as AWS
- Experience with Big Query, or similar cloud storage technologies.
- Familiarity with data lakes, data warehouses, relational databases, BI tools, data ingestion/ETLs and data visualizations.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org