FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started in Europe and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 160 countries.
The Opportunity - Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
The Infrastructure team at FreshBooks is looking for talented & experienced engineers to help us build and support our cloud-native infrastructure. Join our growing organization and you will get a chance to be in the driving seat of innovation and change at FreshBooks.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be joining a team of mix background technologists. Our mandate is to provide secure, flexible and stable platform solutions that empower our feature development teams to create the highest quality services for our customers.
What you'll do in your first twelve months at FreshBooks:
- Develop, deploy and operate cloud-native infrastructure in support of FreshBooks’ SaaS platform.
- Develop & Improve application & Infrastructure monitoring and alerting standards.
- Help raise the bar on our incident response management process and joining a periodic on-call rotation.
- You will help harden & operate various technologies used at FreshBooks like: RabbitMQ, DNS, Kubernetes, Terraform, GCP networking, etc.
- Take a data-driven approach to operations you will drive a culture of automation, both within the team and throughout the organization, to scale FreshBooks efficiently and reliably.
- Create cutting edge cloud infrastructure through Infrastructure-as-Code and automation.
- Build and improve cloud infrastructure self-service tooling that powers our internal platform used by hundreds of developers.
- Lead and participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Help engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and high available cloud-native applications quickly.
What you have:
- You have a deep understanding of Cloud computing concepts and solutions. Bonus points for direct experience in GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
- You have demonstrated experience supporting at least one of the predominant public clouds (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- You have a good understanding of Cloud Security, specifically IAM Roles & Policies, Security Groups and Encryption keys.
- You have hands-on experience with container technologies: Docker runtime and possibly with Kubernetes orchestration.
- You have experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager, Ansible or Chef.
- You have exposure or familiarity to Linux Operating system administration and a good understanding of Linux fundamentals like signals, scheduling, filesystems.
- You have strong TCP/IP networking knowledge in either cloud or on-prem deployments: DNS, network, routing, L3/L7 protocols, etc.
- Extensive experience with influencing and developing a DevOps culture across an organization.
- Very strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills, including the ability to perform root cause analysis and preventative analysis.
Nice to have:
- You have experience in building systems in a microservice environment. Understanding the basic building blocks of a resilient and scalable software.
- Experience with web applications developed in Python or Ruby.
- Knowledge of some or all of: web network protocols, security, persistence solutions, RabbitMQ, Celery, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Elasticsearch, Terraform and similar technologies.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Europe.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.