FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started in Croatia and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure)
FreshBooks is looking for a Software Engineer with a strong background in infrastructure space to play a vital role that impacts the lives of millions of small business owners around the world involving customer experiences and businesses. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
If you have a learning aptitude, please come and chat with us to explore more about how you can become a part of the intrinsically motivated teams of engineers!
What you'll do in your first twelve months at FreshBooks:
- Build a scalable and robust cloud infrastructure platform that has a meaningful impact on customers.
- Design and develop application technologies that optimize solution operation and minimize maintenance overhead.
- Collaborate with full-stack and mobile developers on cross-functional Agile teams working on SaaS features for our customers.
- Enhance the reliability of the FreshBooks’ SaaS platform.
- Ensure quality through automated and exploratory testing.
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process.
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in web full stack development.
- Demonstrate passion about building high quality software that addresses customer needs.
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with creative and technical peers.
- Work in a dynamic Agile based environment.
What you have:
- 6+ years of experience in web application development.
- Experience working in Python or Ruby on Rails.
- Working experience using MySQL.
- Experience in DevOps and service ownership.
- Experience using tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible or Terraform.
- Experience with Cloud services like GCP or AWS.
- Experience with Redis/ElasticSearch and/or RabbitMQ.
- Have some experience or knowledge building microservices and investing in architecture setup.
- A strong understanding of test-driven development.
- Have experience in deploying applications into Production.
- Knowledge or experience in CI/CD and automated build pipeline.
Nice to have:
- Strong pair programming or mob programming skills
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Zagreb..
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.