FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Infrastructure Cloud Engineer III
FreshBooks is looking for an Infrastructure Cloud Engineer III to join our Product Development team, specifically the Resilience team in Infrastructure. You will help revamp how our applications interact and making it more robust. You will solve performance problems and help our customer get served with little error, create dynamic change and reduce error. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you'll do:
- Develop, deploy and operate cloud native infrastructure in support of FreshBooks’ SaaS accounting platform
- Help to lead in the definition and implementation of technology governance activities (e.g., reference architecture, standards and guidelines) to ensure that project teams adhere to industry best practices
- Researches/monitors industry trends / technologies and recommends technology direction. Provides leadership to project teams to capitalize these technology opportunities.
- Researches emerging technologies and attends relevant professional courses/conferences to maintain currency of skill set.
- Create cutting edge cloud infrastructure through Infrastructure-as-Code and automation
- Build and improve cloud infrastructure self-service tooling that powers our internal platform used by hundreds of developers
- Lead and participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Help engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and high available cloud-native applications quickly
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You have deep understanding of Cloud computing concepts and solutions. Bonus points for direct experience in GCP.
- You have a good understanding of Cloud Security, specifically IAM Roles & Policies, Security Groups and Encryption keys
- You have demonstrated experience supporting at least one of the predominant public clouds (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- You have hands-on experience with container technologies, like Docker runtime and Kubernetes orchestration.
- You have experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager, Ansible or Chef.
- You have exposure or familiarity to Linux Operating system administration and a good understanding of Linux fundamentals like signals, scheduling, filesystems
- You have strong TCP/IP networking knowledge in either cloud or on-prem deployments: DNS, network, routing, L3/L7 protocols etc.
- You are available after hours for planned activities as required.
- Extensive experience with influencing and developing a DevOps culture across an organization.
- Experience with modern cloud web environments, ideally on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Project management experience, especially using Scrum or Kanban processes.
- Very Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills including ability to perform root cause analysis and preventative analysis.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- You have experience in building systems in a microservice environment. Understanding the basic building blocks of a resilient and scalable software
- Experience with web applications developed in Python or Ruby.
- Knowledge of some or all of: web network protocols, security, persistence solutions, RabbitMQ, Celery, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Elasticsearch, Terraform and similar technologies.
- Experience with cloud native open source software tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins or RunDeck.
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.