Community and Events Manager (Marketing)
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We’re a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Community and Events Manager (Marketing)
This new role is an exciting opportunity to help FreshBooks build, manage, and grow an inclusive community of freelancers and small business owners through its #imakealiving platform, which currently includes a travelling event series and podcast. Last year, #imakealiving helped connect thousands of entrepreneurs across North America -- but we’re just getting started, and we need your help. We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Community and Events Manager to help us transform #imakealiving into a global movement.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute strategies to drive #imakealiving brand awareness, event attendance, and community growth both offline and online. You will help more people connect in meaningful ways, building more grassroots opportunities, and extending the #imakealiving footprint into additional digital channels.
- Own a portfolio of events that you’ll help bring to life from the ground up, including everything from speaker selection, event promotion, logistics coordination, budget management, onsite management, and post-event follow up and reporting.
- Create and execute social media campaigns and strategic content partnerships using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube.
- Identify and develop relationships with FreshBooks customers, bloggers, online influencers, and journalists to support the broader marketing and communications strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with marketers of all stripes, including SEO & DIgital Acquisition, Content Marketing, Public Relations, Sales, and Email Marketing, to effectively integrate #imakealiving into the core business and drive positive ROI for all channels.
What You’ll Have:
- 3+ years experience in events-based marketing and/or community development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including a strong understanding of storytelling and its role in community development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute campaigns that drive event attendance and community growth.
- Good understanding of how to leverage digital marketing channels to promote events.
- Strong understanding of business metrics.
- Phenomenal relationship building and collaboration skills; ability to influence others and drive decisions.
- An appetite for problem solving.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout North America and Europe (we travel a lot!)
- Agency experience preferred.
#IMAKEALIVING is a travelling event series and podcast for people who work for themselves. Its mission is to build community for freelancers, small business owners and entrepreneurs, and to provide space for insightful and candid conversations about what “making a living” means to them. #IMAKEALIVING is powered by FreshBooks.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more and see where the #IMAKEALIVING event will visit next, check out: https://www.freshbooks.com/events