FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
We are looking for a multi-skilled Facilities and Administration Manager who can balance technical maintenance with great collaboration and people skills. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for enabling a great working environment for all FreshBookers, ensuring our rapidly expanding office and services reflect our mantra of Executing Extraordinary Experiences Every day.
What you’ll do:
- Overseeing all building functions, maintaining a safe work environment for all employees ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Planning building maintenance and operational programs
- Planning and executing office expansion and construction
- Managing and developing the team that’s responsible for running and maintaining the office which includes (but not limited to):
- Managing all vendor contracts
- Ensuring the efficiency of all building systems.
- Managing janitorial services ensuring facilities are always clean
- Ensuring adequate catering and vending services
- Managing parking facilities
- Overseeing refurbishments and renovations
- Maintaining building security and access
- Ensuring office design and use enables and is in sync with the FreshBooks culture
- Preparing operating reports and budgets
- Facilities planning and space allocation through collaboration with all teams and stakeholders
- Preparing cost estimates for moves and equipment
- Coordinating with department heads and building contractors
- Coordinating all maintenance issues and schedules
- Preparing and filing reports with government and regulatory
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent related experience preferred. Certification in facilities management a plus
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experienced at compiling and following budgets
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Previous experience in maintenance supervision or related field
- Experience with G Suite
- Proximity to our office and ability to drive is a consideration
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.