FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started—and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
We’re looking for an experienced, data-driven marketing manager to lead our initiatives to retain, upsell and cross-sell our existing customers. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of lifecycle marketing, excels with data-driven analytical challenges as well as apply creative thinking to develop programs that will delight our customers. Proficiency in coordinating and supporting Sales teams and projects with Product Development to improve our customer experience and drive growth is also a great asset.
This role is ideal for someone who views experiences holistically through a customer-centric lens, is data-driven and digitally savvy, loves balancing multiple stakeholders and can switch quickly from strategic thinking to the tactical details. Success in this role will require a metrics-based approach and ability to navigate ambiguous requirements. The successful candidate will exhibit a passion for innovation and for customers, with an expertise in customer relationship marketing.
Specifically, this role would:
- Drive execution and continued optimization of our upsell and cross-sell marketing programs, including lifecycle trigger programs, transactional messaging and personalized campaigns across multiple channels and touch-points
- Innovate and optimize our engagement and retention programs, both in-app and in other marketing channels
- Define strategies to drive customer adoption and revenue growth to support the introduction of new add-on products and services
- Develop and maintain nurture programs to generate qualified leads for our Sales teams
- Use data-driven analysis and customer insights to develop hypotheses and execute A/B testing plans to continuously improve performance
- Manage research efforts to inform ongoing marketing strategy
- Develop portfolio and customer segmentation strategies
Does this sound like you?
- You’re all about the customer
You have a passion to communicate with, learn about and serve FreshBooks customers around the world. You know what an extraordinary customer experience looks like, and do everything in your power to consistently deliver awesome
- Data is your guiding light
You can dig into complex data sets and have no problems synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data to help answer “why?” You then share your insights with the broader team so everyone learns
- You’re a strategic doer
You set insanely ambitious goals for yourself and then build a rock-solid strategy and tactical plan to help you get there
- Communication comes naturally
You’re an expert communicator and the biggest advocate for the features you launch. You’ll make sure the entire company hears about the latest news...twice…and you’ll do it in a unique and memorable way
- You love working with teams
Instead of “this is how it is”, you ask “what do you think of this approach?” You’re open to outside opinions and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to clear roadblocks
- You’re ambitious and innovative
You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, more innovative and efficient ways to do things
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- A track-record of successfully partnering with cross-functional teams, including Sales teams, to meet goals
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- *Nice to have* - experience using Business Intelligence tools like Looker or Tableau, and Excel an asset (SQL knowledge gets you extra bonus points!)
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You’ll be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.