FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Senior Product Designer
Join us as a Senior Product Designer where you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact with small business owners all over the globe.
In this position, you will collaborate closely with our world-class product teams, shipping valuable features to our customers. You will own every stage of the design process from generative research and concepts through to prototyping and usability testing.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving for our customers, and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them
- Lead the vision and design of some of our web-platform features or native mobile application
- Work closely with Software Engineers to create world-class experience
- Clearly communicate design decisions and rationales to peers and stakeholders
- Design prototypes and perform usability testing on design work completed by your team
- Apply user-centred design approaches to iterate on designs
- Critique your peers' experiences to help them improve their craft
- Help shape our design standards and patterns across all our platforms
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- At least 4 years of experience as a UX or Product Designer
- Experience working on world-class web or mobile products
- A true focus on the customer—you make your design decisions based on research, including interviews, usability testing and quantitative data
- A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
- A sharp eye for UI design, animation and micro-interactions
- A solid understanding of mobile interaction guidelines across iOS and Android
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please apply with your resume, as well as an online portfolio that demonstrates how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.