FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Marketing Officer will play a vital, strategic and involved role at FreshBooks. The CMO will be a key member of the executive team and to contribute to the strategic and tactical success of the business. You will be responsible for furthering a global marketing strategy and working alongside other members of the senior management team to articulate and execute the Company’s positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategy as FreshBooks looks to continue its growth.
- Effectively lead all aspects of the marketing organization, including strategy, budget, planning, and operations
- Lead and develop high performing teams across all functions
- Foster a culture of continuous testing
- Lead performance/acquisition marketing efforts including traffic, trials, testing, engagement, leads, customers, attention, and partners
- Partner closely with the Sales and Product organizations to drive growth in the pipeline, closed business and conversion rates across the entire funnel while cost-effectively maximizing qualified lead flow. Understand how to utilize a MQL playbook to feed a sales team
- Craft the messaging and positioning for FreshBooks, and clearly articulate the value proposition, and in turn, continue to build the brand. Translate this messaging to demand capture and develop compelling content related to how FreshBooks’ products solve problems for customers across diverse segments and use cases.
- Develop a user growth team to further customer acquisition/retention.
- Lead market research and analytics including behavioral segmentation, predictive modeling, market trends, customer verticals, and competitive analysis.
- Develop a data driven marketing strategy through all digital channels to drive positive ROI, and establishing a methodology to measure, track and course- correct based on critical metrics.
- Lead marketing communications, direct marketing and web marketing to develop integrated product demand generation programs to meet revenue goals.
- Minimum of 20 years of leadership experience in marketing space including performance marketing, retention marketing, analytics, demand generation, cohort/data analysis, strategic positioning, and external/corporate communication.
- 8+ years of experience in companies of scale (~$250M)
- 5+ years of experience interfacing with Board of Directors
- 8+ years of global & international experience
- A proven track record demonstrating strategic expertise, analytical skills and online marketing expertise.
- Motivated, proactive, dynamic, creative and results-oriented mindset and approach.
- Able to contribute to strategic vision and communicate it to a wide variety of audiences, including influencers, evangelists, business leaders, and the media.
- A desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and work alongside those you will manage and mentor.
- The ability to create compelling and consistent campaigns and break down complex solutions to the core capabilities and benefits of our offerings.
- Strong leader with ability and experience building a high performing, motivated, full-stack marketing team.
- Experience should include being an integral part of an organization that has or is experiencing rapid growth and scale.
- Ability to understand the broader business perspective of the company beyond Marketing, present to board, etc.
- Demonstrates solid business fluency and judgment with strong diagnostic skills – can easily translate business issues into actionable marketing strategies.
- Achieves far-reaching results through relationship building and effective influencing skills. Does not rely on direct authority to achieve results
- Possesses strong convictions and intuitive capabilities, with the self-confidence to act on his or her beliefs; will engage line management in business issues that are critical to the organization.
- Thrives in a team environment and has a track record of developing effective and trusted relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Mission driven and is energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success.
- Lives by the highest personal, professional, and ethical standards.
- History of retaining, developing, motivating and mentoring a collaborative and high performing marketing team capable of setting and meeting ambitious goals.
- Highly motivational and capable of communicating clearly, logically and with a high level of conviction with the Executive Team; innate ability to sell through both logic and emotion.
- MBA and a strategy background preferred
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.