The Opportunity – Data Scientist
This position requires someone who loves to roll up their sleeves and build the technical bedrock and machine learning models to take advanced analytics at FreshBooks to the next level. Primarily you will be working on designing and building machine learning models to provide the structure for sound data analysis and decisions. The best person for this role will be a naturally inquisitive problem solver with a strong technical foundation with an interest in supporting business outcomes.
What you’ll need:
- MSc in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- A deep understanding of the theory underpinning various machine learning models
- Experience with a statistical software and a scripting language (ideally Python or R)
- Experience in applying statistical analysis techniques to real-world data
- A highly collaborative and team oriented mindset
- Great communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in simple terms
Not required, but great to have:
- PhD in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Experience using SQL (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Experience with version control tools (GIT or similar)
- Experience using big data tools (Spark, Hadoop or similar)
- Experience providing guidance cross functionally with non-technical departments
- Previous experience at a startup or SaaS company
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. In this role you will be working at the forefront of marketing analytics surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for building an amazing software company right here in downtown Toronto. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d like to meet you.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.