FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Associate Director, Conversion Marketing
We are looking for an experienced data-driven marketing leader to lead trial to paid conversion marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of lifecycle marketing and customer segmentation and be able to excel with data-driven analytical challenges as well as apply creative flair to deliver communications that delight our customers. An important part of this role is to understand user behavior in a trial acquisition model and align the right communications channels, context, Call to Action and Offer opportunities to turn trial based customers into users. The leader must have experience leading direct and cross functional teams and have a consistent record of successfully moving projects through the organization.
This role is ideal for someone who views experiences holistically through a customer-centric lens, is data-driven and digitally savvy, loves balancing multiple stakeholders and can switch quickly from strategic thinking to the tactical details to drive exceptional business results. Success in this role will require a metrics-based approach, understanding of growth and conversion marketing levers, and ability to navigate ambiguous requirements at times. The successful candidate will exhibit a passion for innovation and for customers, with an expertise in customer relationship marketing.
Specifically, this position includes:
- Build and lead the development of a roadmap for conversion marketing programs across multiple channels and touch-points to maximize customer lifetime value and stickiness.
- Have oversight of LTV of new cohorts. Managing the Gross New MRR and understand the quality of new users added
- Run forecasting of new customer counts
- Lead projects have business model implications and be able to report on the impact of those changes (eg: price discounting and offers, omni-channel promotions)
- Drive execution and continued optimization of supporting channel marketing programs, including email trigger programs, transactional messaging and personalized campaigns on email, mobile, digital and offline.
- Use data-driven analysis and consumer insights to develop hypotheses and execute robust A/B testing plans to continuously improve performance
- Lead research efforts designed to inform ongoing lifecycle marketing strategy
- Support the launch of new product features to new and existing customers
- Develop ongoing portfolio and customer segmentation and retention strategies
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you:
- Have prior experience in SaaS/Financial/eCommerce/Recurring Revenue Subscription Services
- Have led more than 5 people for at least 3 years
- Experience working in a matrix environment or with cross functional teams
- You are an analytical & data-driven decision-maker
- Significant experience of delivering data driven, multi-channel marketing communications to increase revenue and lifetime value
- E-mail marketing and lifecycle expertise is a must, preferably within a CRM
- Can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Have a post-secondary education with a marketing and/or finance focus; MBA preferred
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.