FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Analytics Manager, Digital Acquisition
We are looking for an analytics manager to join our growing team and manage the processes responsible for accurate data collection, transformation, reporting, forecasting and analysis. The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing trends in complicated data and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company. The focus of this the role is specifically on digital acquisition: from website visitor to happy paying customer.
This is a hands-on position, you’ll need to plan and execute. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
What you'll do:
- Provide insights & reporting into channel performance & multi-channel attribution to guide short term acquisition investments and long-term strategic decisions
- Review website / content visitor behaviors and their related performance indicatorsacross prospects, trialers and paying customers
- Plan and help execute changes to website tags and tracking to enhance reporting and analyses
- Connect & move website and customer data across various tools and reporting systems
- Complete ad-hoc analyses across all aspects of acquisition channels, content and A/B testing
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental guidelines to maintain a high standard of execution and management of organizational expectations
- Scale team (additional hire) and co-ordinate projects across parallel & supportive teams
- Communicate results and business impacts to peers, stakeholders & executives
What you'll need:
- At least 5 years in data analytics, business operations or similar
- Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics, GBQ & Data Studio etc
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Python or similar
- Experience using dashboarding tools such as Periscope, Tableau, Looker etc
- Background in the calculation and review of acquisition and website KPI’s
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques to properly review and validate the results of A/B tests
- Experience using Google Optimize, Optimizely or similar tools
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Proven ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Data modeling and / or engineering experience an asset
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.