FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Video Producer (6 month contract)
Be part of a growing in-house content marketing team, creating and editing exciting brand and SEO videos, social content videos, customer case study videos and much more. Reporting to the Content Director, the Video Producer will help establish a regular cadence of video production at FreshBooks.
Specifically, this position includes:
- Plan shoots and handle all logistics, including crew, equipment & locations
- Filming content both in-house and on location
- Editing and managing video content from raw footage to finish, for different lengths / media
- Adding animation to videos leveraging our extensive illustration library and footage from the FreshBooks application
- Sourcing and securing stock music that can be used to establish brand recognition
- Developing standard treatments and style guides for video at FreshBooks that are on-brand and accessible to agencies, freelancers etc.
- Maintaining all audiovisual and camera equipment, providing input on new equipment and software requirements
- Developing and tracking metrics of success for video around both production and engagement
- Monitoring video and content marketing landscape to incorporate emerging tools into overall plans
- Working cross-functionally with stakeholders across Marketing, Support and other areas of the business
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- 1-3 years of video experience and digital experience
- Skilled in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator software – also a command in music and sound editing required
- Strong visual design skills with respect to motion, composition, color and effects
- Track record of creating social media video experiences and digital campaigns
- Customer-focus, with exceptional communication skills, good taste and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to work across all levels and departments in the organization
- The ability to balance multiple projects and priorities and work with tight deadlines
- The ability to travel and work weekends and overtime as needed (on an occasional basis)
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.