FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Learning & Development Specialist
The role of Learning and Development is a mid-level position within the Human Resources team. Reporting directly to the Associate Director of HR, the Learning and Development Specialist has the opportunity to provide value to all of FreshBooks’ learning and development initiatives designed to improve employee and organizational performance.
Specifically this position includes:
- Facilitate and coordinate all Training Development programs & employee run programs such as Lunch and Learns (e.g. scheduling, materials prep, facilitation etc.)
- Deliver learning experiences to employees across the organization for leadership and ongoing development
- Prepare and manage Training Development communications to FreshBookers to provide learning offerings
- Review and revise internal learning content and Training Development boards (Wiki, LMS)
- Liaise and manage relationships with external training vendors
- Oversee and roll out Training Development-related campaigns for FreshBookers (e.g. compliance training)
- Partner with business areas to conduct learning needs assessments
- Continuously seek opportunities to elevate the quality and consistency of FreshBooks’ learning and development offerings (i.e. tools, resources, competency development, evaluation strategy)
- Design and develop new content, including course content, PowerPoint decks, Leader’s Guides and promotional materials
- Promote and define FreshBooks’ learning culture
You'll be an amazing fit for this position if:
- You have a passion for designing and delivering learning content
- You have 5+ years of experience in Learning and Development (with a minimum of 3 years facilitating content)
- You have a Bachelors degree
- You have exceptional communication and facilitation skills
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.