The Opportunity – Billing Analyst (6 Month, Part-Time Contract)
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
This position requires someone who has a positive attitude and loves to roll up their sleeves. As a member of the Finance team, the Billing Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to own the end to end billing process for our high value clients. This requires an extreme attention to detail as it directly impacts our customers. In addition to this, the Billing Analyst will have other ad hoc responsibilities to support other members of Finance as needed.
The Billing Analyst reports directly to the Finance Manager
What you’ll do:
- Quickly build and maintain effective working relationships with the Sales and Finance team
- Navigate and interpret reports that will be used to determine customer billing information
- Compile and send invoices to our high value clients
- Self-review your work to ensure the highest level of accuracy
- Look for opportunities to make processes more efficient and effective
- Other ad-hoc projects as determined by the Finance team
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience (including client service, billing and/or collections)
- Strong business acumen
- Professional with high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency with SQL is an asset
Bonus points for:
- Post-secondary education in Finance or Accounting
- Salesforce experience is a plus
What we offer:
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 email@example.com.