FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
In this position, you will:
- Translate design files into functional code, ensuring page performance and browser compatibility
- Develop pixel perfect designs that meet design specifications
- Test and debug pages across browsers, platforms, and devices
- Manage scalable, cross platform code across freshbooks.com
- Keep the site up to date with the latest content
- Work with Website Development Team Lead and other stakeholders to ensure the highest standards for the FreshBooks website
- Strong understanding and experience using contemporary CMS platforms and familiarity with MVC frameworks
- A deep understanding of concepts like progressive enhancement and mobile responsive design
- Experience writing semantic markup that complies with W3C standards
- Experience with cross browser testing and code debugging
- Understanding of version control and using git repositories
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with your team and stakeholders we support across the organization
- Expertise working in WordPress CMS environments
- Developing custom CMS templates / themes a big plus
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Expertise in performance optimization using tools like PageSpeed/YSlow
- A basic knowledge of SEO, site speed, and landing page optimization concepts
- Experience with Sass, LESS, and client side performance optimization
- Basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and web server technology
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.