Senior Staff Technical Writer
Engineering | US – Vancouver Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for an exceptional technical writer to join our existing writing team. You understand quickly, write well, and work well alone and in a team. You enjoy the challenge of placing just what readers need to know right at their fingertips. You want to be part of a diverse group of writers who build on each others' strengths to create a whole that is more than the sum of the parts. You will create and maintain documentation for ForgeRock cloud-based and on-prem software.
- Define, design, create, and maintain core documentation in accord with lead writers
- Engage SMEs to inform and to review documentation
- Deliver documentation aimed at architects, administrators, SREs, developers of cloud-based and on-prem software
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Learns fast with little formal help (especially software)
- Writes specific, useful, accurate technical documentation fluently
- Comprehends the documentation needs of architects, administrators, SREs, and developers
- Demonstrates the ability to work out in the open, effectively, and efficiently both face-to-face and remotely
- Edits copy swiftly and uniformly
- Familiarity with a variety of writing methods and tools
- English as native language
- Education in technical publications mechanics from tools to reader experience
- Experience in creating and maintaining graphics and videos as well as text
- Experience as an administrator, support engineer, SRE, or developer
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.