Chief Technology Officer
CTO Office | San Francisco, CA
About the company:
We empower our customers to create great digital identity experiences. The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Solution to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences for people and their things and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. ForgeRock delivers it digital services through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is currently seeking our next Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in San Francisco, CA. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will work closely with the executive team to align business objectives and strategically focus on the following:
- Lead the ForgeRock Labs team to identify, research and potentially prototype innovative technology and business trends that can help drive the long-term success of ForgeRock and help us solve customer problems in the most effective and innovative manner.
- Drive market awareness of ForgeRock at key events and in the media, solidify us as thought-leaders in the Identity and Access Management market.
- Be a ForgeRock evangelist and expert in customer and prospect meetings to help position our current offerings and future product innovations
- Provide input and advice on our current product and engineering approaches as well as on special projects such as M&A strategy and due diligence. Contribute to future strategic planning of our product roadmaps and assist in evaluating competitor offerings.
- Partner with Sales leadership for “meetings that move the needle” with senior leaders in key accounts
- Build a community of passionate technology leaders, who want to share their best practices in transforming their teams and their companies
- Identify opportunities to bring content and perspective to senior executives in our target market
- Leverage social networks, blog and video platforms, and highly scalable marketing technologies to evangelize ForgeRock
- Attend and speak at meetups and conferences, serving as an evangelist, coach, cheerleader, and teammate to budding and veteran users
- Champion our users’ needs internally by providing invaluable feedback to the product and engineering teams
- Deliver compelling presentations on solutions, trends data, and thought leadership topics
- Manage a small globally distributed team
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience with digital identity market and technology and relationships with the leaders in this industry
- Strong comfort level in developing and delivering corporate technology strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Ability to act as an industry thought leader in both customer meetings and public settings
- Stay close to industry trends in order to gain a deeper product understanding
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Outstanding ability to lead, motivate, and mentor others
- BS or BA Degree required, Masters a plus.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.