Senior Director, Global Revenue
Finance | US - San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
This highly visible role offers a great opportunity to grow your career and make an immediate impact in this fast-growing accounting team. This position will report to the CFO based in San Francisco. The Senior Director of Global Revenue will own ForgeRock’s revenue processes, policies, and systems. This key leadership role will partner with the Sales, Sales Operations, Legal and Revenue Operations teams to drive the revenue recognition process with an emphasis on closing revenue each month on a timely basis with a very high standard of accuracy. The candidate must work and communicate effectively in a team environment, interacting cross functionally with all levels in the company. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of revenue accounting for the company on a global basis.
- Be the technical expert for revenue recognition policies and procedures
- Perform contract reviews of revenue transactions for accounting in compliance with current US GAAP and document conclusions
- Complete all quarterly and annual audits for your areas of responsibility
- Perform research and prepare accounting memos and position papers for transactions and business models
- Be responsible for the accounting for revenue, deferred revenue, deferred costs, revenue related expenses, and accounts receivable
- Prepare SSP analysis of historical sales activities for proper revenue allocation to multiple-element arrangements
- Manage billing and collections activities
- Analyze and report key revenue and accounts receivable metrics and results
- Work with Global Deals Desk to proactively manage negotiations and provide suggestions and assistance in revenue recognition optimization
- Assist with revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable related internal controls and SOX compliance
- Responsible for revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable related financial statements and disclosures
- Manage system automation and implementation projects
- Complete the transition to ASC 606
- Manage a team of two full-time employees and several part-time contractors
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Global experience is a must
- SaaS experience is a plus
- Extensive ASC 606 adoption and deep system implementation understanding; for both Revenue and Expense, across multiple subsidiaries and currencies.
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience, primarily in revenue, including multiple element arrangements and software accounting experience
- Experience with complex enterprise agreements that include perpetual, subscription, SaaS, maintenance, professional services and training products
- S degree in Accounting or Equivalent
- CPA or Chartered Accountant Certification
- Audit experience preferably with a Big Four firm
- Familiarity with Intacct accounting system, RevSym and SalesForce a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications
- Ability to write complex technical memos
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced technology company environment
- Desire and ability to “roll up sleeves” in typical start-up fashion
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.