Director, Ecosystem Engineering
Product | US – Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you someone that is inquisitive, passionate, and believes that learning is an ongoing journey? Want to have an impact on not only your life, but the lives of fellow employees and partners? We are looking for a Director, Ecosystem Engineering that understands that technology can make a bigger impact when it is delivered in conjunction with a world class ecosystem. We want team players that like helping their colleagues and partners to jointly deliver a world-class solution. If you are interested in being part of a customer-focused company that is excited by technology and you have the skills, we want to hear from you.
- Technically manage a team of Ecosystem Engineers and Architects in their efforts to conduct integration activities, and get involved/escalate where necessary in partnerships assuring the technical engagement of the team
- Lead the technical analysis and due diligence associated with Mergers, Acquisitions and Strategic partnerships
- Own strategic projects involving technical product requirements that may need to be addressed outside of product engineering
- Liaise with members of the sales/account management teams, marketing, and business development providing mentorship and technical expertise
- Responsible for ecosystem evangelizing, development and delivery of product integrations, proof of concepts, workshops and producing support materials for other members and clients in collaboration with the Ecosystem Engineering team.
- Able to convey partner requirements to Product Management teams and other supporting teams.
- Developing long-term relationships with partners (and customers where appropriate) through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Coordinate the resolution of identified issues with our partners, internal engineering and product teams.
- Communicate serious issues to internal and external stakeholders and keep them updated on their resolution.
- Work with external partners to find the best way to technically integrate our products & APIs into their solutions and help them with any obstacles they may encounter during their pre-sales activity.
- Attend/Conduct weekly team meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ work experience as developer, product manager, product support engineer or a similar job with a technical background, e.g. a degree in computer science
- Persistent when troubleshooting complicated technical issues.
- Being able to think outside of the box.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly expanding start-up environment
- A curious and proactive mind set as well as a customer-oriented attitude.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- A deep understanding of web and mobile technologies.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in knowledge of technology.
- Team player attitude is a must
- Ability to hire and train new engineers and architects
- Experience of working remotely and traveling regularly
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.