Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
We are currently looking for a PR & Communications Manager to drive the growth of the team in the United States while we scale. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about communications, wants to be part of a strong team of professionals and join a meaningful product aiming to improve the health and wellbeing of girls and women worldwide.
The Brand & Communication team is based in the US and the UK. This position will report directly to our Head of Comms based in San Francisco, CA. Candidates must have a proven track record of telling compelling stories, crafting engaging narratives, leading creative initiatives, cultivating relationships, and driving results through direct media interactions and through agency partners.
What you will be doing:
- Drive top-tier media coverage that elevates the Flo brand and articulates the value of Flo;
- Raise awareness in top-tier consumer, business, national and broadcast outlets for Flo by highlighting our various brand campaigns and partnerships;
- Cultivate and manage relationships with relevant consumer and lifestyle media reporters;
- Proactive and reactive media relations in support of company news, ownable moments, seasonal topics and industry trends;
- Maintain a steady cadence of communications activities outside of major launches, with a focus on proactive thought leadership, trend-spotting, and competitive positioning;
- Partner with key executives, enabling them to establish thought leadership across the industry;
- Develop and edit content, including messaging, briefing docs, press releases and more.
What we’re looking for:
- 6-9 years of communications experience; agency and in house experience preferred
- Be both a strategist and an operator, managing multiple communications campaigns to build awareness around and passion for Flo;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects and communicating priority updates to stakeholders;
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of employees, including senior leaders;
- Highly motivated self-starter with experience sourcing stories;
- Strong communication, presentation, and executive presence skills;
- Strong critical thinking and team-first mentality;
- Passion for women’s health & femtech is a plus but not required;
- Experience working with both consumer and B2B brands is a plus not required.
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Unlimited access to Udemy Business learning platform
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.