Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
Flo’s Legal & Compliance department is looking for a Compliance Manager who will be responsible for partnering with our user-centric teams, translating regulatory requirements into easy-to-understand advice and helping to build sustainable processes. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Regulatory Compliance, working alongside a highly motivated and supportive team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide compliance advice to business personnel (e.g. product teams, marketing, and content creators), with regard to the rules, regulations, and internal policies applicable to the industry, such as medical and wellness device regulations and guidance documents, medical practice, FTC rules around marketing and advertising, including, for example, negative option rule and claim substantiation, etc.
- Monitor for regulatory change (e.g. FDA and FTC guidance documents, new AI regulations, updates to Apple and Google Play guidelines, etc.), perform analysis of changes, and oversee business implementation of changes in a timely manner;
- Assist on the development and maintenance of processes and procedures, including regular compliance reporting;
- Proactively partner with internal stakeholders to ensure that compliance principles are embedded into the organization;
- Review new features, such as wide range of articles, marketing emails, daily stories, and other pieces of content, identifying compliance risks and proposing improvements;
- Develop checklists, guides or other enablement resources to help other departments meet regulatory requirements.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law and a relevant Master’s degree;
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience with previous experience in healthcare; especially in medical devices or wellness applications;
- Fluent in English;
- Proactive, result-oriented, and well-organized;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and manage projects;
- Team player who can work well independently;
- Tech-savvy and eager to learn more about the health-tech world.
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holiday days per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.