Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
At Flo, we empower women across the world to improve their health and wellbeing with an unmatched user experience.
This success is driven by the endless curiosity of our Product Team. Obsessed with understanding the needs of our users, we work in partnership with analysts and user researchers to uncover the “why” of things to make sure the very best product gets built.
From launching new features to delivering seamless end-to-end journeys, we’re looking for passionate individuals with a growth mindset who can innovate, experiment, and move fast.
We are looking for an independent contractor (in-country or EU time zone).
In this role, you will help us ensure that Flo delivers an engaging and native German experience. You will perform regular QA on key content types, evaluating the work delivered by our localization supplier(s) and act as the go-to expert for all German-related consultations. This role closely cooperates with the Director of Localization in Flo and will work in close collaboration with the rest of the Localization team, external vendors and key stakeholders across the business.
What you will be doing:
- Own all aspects of language quality for German, in line with localization best practices
- Review top-priority content types, assessing translation quality and actively participate in root cause analysis and issue prevention
- Perform linguistic and functional QA on German content to ensure a high quality localized experience
- Work closely with vendors, Localization production and program management to deliver the right language quality per content type
- Act as a go-to expert in German-related consultations
- Own and maintain language assets for German and contribute to the establishment of cross-functional localization best practices
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities to improve the German experience, and work with Localization, Product and other Flo stakeholders to implement them
- Occasional collaboration with stakeholders across the Product organization (e.g. ASO, User Acquisition, Monetization, Social) to produce high impact/sensitivity German localization
What we’re looking for:
- Native German linguist, ideally based in-country or in EU time zone
- Notable localization and linguistic QA experience in the online health space (ideally related to women’s health) and with scalable localization infrastructures
- Proficient understanding of DQF and/or other language quality frameworks
- Proven experience in ownership and maintenance of language assets
- Experience and understanding of ASO localization and transcreation processes
- Thorough understanding and experience with UI localization and creative workarounds
- Experience working in agile environments
- Focus on detail and high quality
- Proactive attitude and a sense of urgency
- Solution-driven thinking
- Proficient knowledge and use of Jira
- Must be able to work collaboratively and across cultures
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.