Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
Our engineers aren’t just building a better product; they’re making the world a better place by improving women’s health. We leverage machine learning and AI to provide accurate cycle predictions and relevant, personalized, medically credible health tips. We are committed to discover and empower our employees to implement brand-new solutions.
Flo is a place for experimentation and implementation opportunities at the senior level. Flo is not just a feature factory, we own value delivery end to end. Flo is a constantly evolving product. New features and technologies are added, hardening development. Our engineers have an average of 10 years of experience, so they can solve ambitious product tasks.
- Develop the technical strategy and roadmap for Flo product. Evangelizing to the product teams, business, and broader organization;
- Be a technical leader within the Flo in general;
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services and systems that serve millions of users;
- Work closely with business, compliance and engineering teams to ensure that you provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals;
- Help build and improve systems that positively impacts both the user’s experience and retention on our systems;
- Facilitate collaboration between teams to solve interesting and challenging problems;
- Aid in levelling up our craft expertise through coaching and mentoring other engineers;
- Ensure our systems are future proof and ready to support the 10x scale of our business;
- Be a valuable contributor of the Flo-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture and the craft across the company.
- At least 10 years experience in senior engineering experience; demonstrable technical leadership experience in new platform; development, product ownership, and iterative design;
- Experience building and implementing large-scale systems across various projects;
- You have experience leading technical teams;
- You are proficient in Java/Scala or Python;
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux in a cloud environment;
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms;
- See a problem or opportunity, take ownership and act on it independently; develop methods and habits to be an informed and motivated owner of the problem;
- Experience working in health and highly secured environments is very much desired.
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Hybrid working environment
- 75 USD gross social money budget per month to spend on things like medical insurance, gym, training, etc.
- 27 calendar days of vacation per year
- Paid sick leave
- 6 months of fully paid maternity leave
- 1 month of fully paid parental leave if your partner has a baby
- Fully paid sick leave
- ERGO Private medical insurance
- 75 EUR gross per month budget for flexible benefits
- Hybrid working environment
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.