We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
Legal and Compliance are partners across the whole business here at Flo. They watch over everything: Flo’s privacy programme, compliance with regulatory obligations, contract management, IP enforcement… you name it.
The team’s divided into three groups - Privacy & Data Protection, Regulatory & Compliance, and Legal Services, each managing its own area.
Flo’s enjoyed strong growth in the last few years having more than doubled in headcount and valuation ($340M -> circa. $800M 2020-21). As we continue to expand our products and services towards a public exit, we need to ensure that the entirety of our legal system is not only as it should be, but is set up for scalable growth.
Managing a team of 5, you’ll advise on: IP, corporate governance, commercial and corporate transactions, contract and vendor management, and labor and employment amongst others, and drive the restructure of our corporate governance procedures (currently underway).
It’s a senior role, responsible for providing strategic advice to the CLO and Board of Directors and represents a great opportunity for an experienced Legal Director to take a rapidly growing HealthTech company to IPO and beyond.
- Significant (usually 10 + years’) PQE;
- Experience having working in-house with a technology company in the management of a Legal function or team;
- Significant (usually 5+ years’) of direct line management experience;
- Experience in working with US financial systems (M&A, venture financing, exit, IPO),
- Familiarity with both US and UK law, ideally with experience handling operational and corporate governance issues in both
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property laws and brand protection;
- Proven track record of bringing companies through the growth stage toward exit;
- Robust experience managing legal budgets and outside counsel;
- Track record of building and managing a non-bureaucratic service-orientated team;
- Familiarity with legal tools and automation (e.g. contract management software, brand protection platforms, equity management systems, etc.)
- Heavily analytical mind, creative and business-oriented in managing a variety of legal risks. Energetic and proactive way of working.
Nice to have:
- Preferable experience working for a company providing B2C services or products;
- Experience managing an international team spread across multiple locations;
- US Legal qualifications (UK/US dual qualification etc.).
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Management of the Legal team distributed between Lithuania (3 FTE) and the UK (2 FTE);
- Overseeing a variety of legal areas at flo to include: corporate affairs and governance, contract and vendor management, due diligence, intellectual property, commercial, and employment advice;
- Providing strategic advice and counsel on a wide variety of relevant intellectual property, corporate, commercial and employment matters, including implementing the necessary programs, policies, and ongoing reporting in accordance with global, federal, state and local laws;
- Overseeing the referenced legal matters and advising the senior leadership team and the Board accordingly.
- Actively participating in ESG initiatives, exit scenarios planning, and corporate restructurings, where applicable.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.On top of competitive salaries, Flo's employees have access to:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.