EBANX is a global fintech founded in 2012 with a mission to be the leading payments partner in rising markets. With its own technology and infrastructure, combined with in-depth knowledge of the Latin American market, EBANX allows these companies to connect to hundreds of payment methods in different countries in the region. And it goes further, creating results for businesses and simple shopping experiences for consumers.
From the beginning of our journey, we have an important mission: to give access. And this is not just about our products and services, but it goes through everything we are and do. We believe that it is only possible to innovate with diversity, so we cherish differences in gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion and age. Plurality is what makes our Big Dream possible.
We are called ebankers and we are changing the way people buy, connect, and live globally. Let's make history together?
We are looking for a Data Specialist to partner with our Finance team. Our mission is to ensure that we provide the best finance results and reporting to support strategic decisions at EBANX.
As a Data Specialist, you will solve challenging data problems every day by focusing on supporting our team's results and goals. You will think not just about delivering dashboards, but also what is the best data to ensure the best decision making. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Finance team and cross-functionally with colleagues in other business areas to understand the business and provide the best data solutions.
We expect a proactive person, skilled with numbers, curious, focused and detail-oriented, who will help us tell stories through data, in addition to having interpersonal skills with internal and external players.
Besides conquering the world, your activities will be:
- Work collaboratively with finance team and peers to brainstorm new KPIs and define success criteria;
- Influence data centered decisions;
- Foster the data culture and practice aligned with the business needs;
- Be the data reference person in the team;
- Explain and solve complex problems in straightforward terms;
- Talk about new methodologies and data management in the industry to our team;
- Ensure a healthy relationship with our data engineer team;
- Design business analysis and data recording systems for use throughout the department;
- Maintain databases and perform updates as necessary to ensure accuracy;
- Create business reports that provide insight into key data points;
- Monitor data to identify changes in financial trends.
What is indispensable for the job?
- Relevant work experience with data (e.g. BI, DS, DA and DE).
- Should be really comfortable programming with Python for data analysis using libraries like Pandas and numpy (manipulating arrays should be trivial stuff).
- Proficient writing complex SQL queries (e.g. CTEs and window functions).
- Work with transactional DBs and analytical tools like Redshift, BigQuery and Athena.
- Some experience with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik or Looker).
- Can easily translate numbers into insights throughout a clear thinking
- Share knowledge and co-creation with the team.
- Self-driven and organized – you don't need hand-holding or micromanaging.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions using analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- A challenging environment, with opportunities to grow;
- Casual office and flexible dress code;
- Spanish, English and Portuguese classes;
- WAVES - Program of goals and results (variable compensation);
- EBANX Play - Wellness (Gympass, e-Sports, SESC );
- Semi flexible hours (8 hours a day - Monday to Friday);
- Meal Allowance;
- Transportation voucher (if needed);
- EBANX Education: scholarship;
- EBANX Skills: budget for workshops and courses;
- EBANX Flexible: monthly Day Off from February to November, birthday Day Off and Rest up Month - one month of paid leave every three years of work anniversary.
- EBANX Family: Daycare assistance, extended leave for caregivers and support program for children and pregnant women;
- EBANX Health: Health and Dental Insurance, with subsidy for dependents, and medicine subsidy for ebankers;
- Life Insurance: Life Insurance 100% paid by EBANX
- Hello ebanker: psychology, finance and legal orientation.
- Blue Club: Exclusive discount for ebankers in bakeries, restaurants, courses, electronics store and more!