This SMB (Small & Medium Business) Lead role is a great opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business in a competitive market. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with new restaurant partners in your area, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for an outgoing and commercial individual who enjoys building relationships.
As an SMB Account Lead you will:
- Lead, coordinate and mentor a team of 5-10 Account Managers in your territory
- Work directly with the Head of SMB, Sales lead and other department leads to scale your territory supply effectively
- Build strong and trusting relationships with Restaurant owners
- Support Account Managers and run business review meetings with Restaurant owners to unlock new commercial and growth levers
- Periodically report on performance to senior management
Background and profile
- Bachelor degree / Master in Economics, Management, Business school
- a minimum of 2 years Commercial (Sales and/or Account Management) experience
- Comfortable with targeting new business and have proven sales experience in a fast moving environment
- Experienced negotiator and able to structure win-win deals for restaurants and for Deliveroo
- Commercially savvy individual who understands the economics of food delivery - for restaurants and Deliveroo
- Have great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Be able to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be able to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and self-motivated
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges, and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants, and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away, and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.