The People Systems team is a cross-functional team, built to create and execute a strategic vision on the systems that we use at Deliveroo. From defining the long term road map and requirements for the business, to launching and supporting those systems internally. We manage strategic partnerships with key vendors and the internal Deliveroo teams to ensure that we are able to manage the systems we use effectively.
As a member of the People Systems team, you will be expected to drive forward the platform used by every employee within Deliveroo. The global optimisation of the Workday system and development of our system architecture is key to both the smooth running of Deliveroo’s global HR processes and each Deliveroo employee’s lifecycle.
This is a great opportunity to provide your expertise on Workday and bring your deep technical knowledge to add value to our programme of work.
Applicant Requirements & Responsibilities:
Reporting into the People Systems Manager, the Workday Payroll Consultant will primarily be responsible for building and maintaining the Payroll architecture for all countries in scope and for new territories that Deliveroo expands into.
The successful candidate will have experience with system architecture design principles and global Payroll design knowledge is desirable.
You will help us get the most out of Workday and be recognised as a Technical Subject Matter Expert for Payroll. You will also be required to work alongside the Payroll Team to ensure the system meets requirements and work cross-functionally across the People Systems Team to support our testing and deployment plans.
The successful applicant will also be proficient in Workday Core HCM and Workday Reporting functionality.
Responsibilities (What You’ll Do):
- Design and configure Workday Payroll solutions to stakeholder’s expectations and requirements
- Review and maintain existing configurations to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Work with vendors to solution and design architecture
- Suggest improvements and advise on best practice, future releases and look for ways to increase efficiency
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve all Payroll integration issues as they arise, either individually or through collaboration with others.
- Ensure the Deliveroo People Team and wider business can leverage the information in the Workday system
- Provide post-production and BAU support to the business.
- Manage stakeholders throughout the implementation and support phases of our projects
Requirements (What We’re Looking For):
- Solid and referenceable experience working in a consulting position throughout a full Workday deployment.
- Demonstrable experience supporting successful Workday implementation projects across the full development lifecycle
- Workday UK Payroll Certification (past or present)
- Workday HCM Core Certification (past or present)
- Experience with system architecture design principles
- Knowledge of broader HR and Payroll business domain and associated integration impacts
- Knowledge of Earnings and Deductions, Pay Groups, Payroll run checklists.
- Knowledge of General ledger & Costing Allocations and Approval processes.
- A demonstrable history of working on the project lifecycle for technology driven HR Transformation projects aligned to a global organisational restructure.
- Experience with other Workday functional areas, especially Core HCM and Workday Reporting functionality
- Workday Report Writer or Workday Pro Reporting Cert desirable
- Solid understanding of relevant UK Payroll regulations and legislation
- Global Payroll domain knowledge
- You’re well organised
- You love puzzles
- You love minor details
- You’re patient, understanding and you’re up for a challenge
- You are proactive and not afraid to share your ideas
- You have outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills along with excellent listening capability and an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- You’ve got strong analytical skills
- You like working in a dynamic, fast paced organisation