Copper River Technologies is seeking an experienced Construction Engineering Tech to join our team at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Maine. The Construction Engineering Tech will support the Construction Manager, contractors, and engineers to assist in project coordination, quality control inspections, and construction documentation.
This position will be onsite at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide overall coordination of the construction quality management program for assigned projects, plus provide regular and timely status reports to the Government sponsor about the status of these construction projects under your administrative and technical control.
- In conjunction with the Navy Construction Manager (CM), review and provide recommendations toward approval of contractor-submitted quality control plans.
- Attend selective quality control, preparatory and initial meetings, and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Provide relevant remarks on Government Quality Assurance (QA) reports or in identified sections of various Contractor's Quality Control (QC) reports, particularly remarks about critical, definable features of work included.
- Take, file, and distribute progress photos at work sites.
- Validate quantity, condition, and approval of materials on site before the Government issues invoice payments to contractors.
- Coordinate a team to review and witness successful testing and commissioning/certification of critical systems (i.e., mechanical - HVAC/TABS/DALTS/DDC; electrical - Pad Mounted Transformers/High-Voltage Systems/Switchgear/Automatic Transfer Switches/Frequency Converters, fire, and life safety/fire protection systems; roofing systems and underwater structures).
- A minimum of 5 years of verified experience as a Quality Control Manager working for General Contractors on NAVFAC or U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) projects OR
- 10 years of verified foreman experience in one or more of following trades: Concrete, Mechanical, Electrical, Masonry, or Carpentry on commercial/industrial/military projects. Residential experience does not qualify.
- Strong working knowledge of commercial construction standards and the ability to provide overall coordination of construction quality and safety for assigned projects.
- Experience in performing a wide variety of on-site Quality Assurance (QA), safety management, technical consultation and related construction engineering support services is preferred.
- Must possess a certificate showing completion of the CQM for Contractors administered by the Army Corps of Engineers or NAVFAC or must successfully complete the course within 60 days of on-boarding.
- Must possess an OSHA 30-hour safety card obtained through OSHA authorized trainers. If contract personnel does not possess 30-hour safety card, it must be obtained within 30 days of on-boarding.
- Will be required to take and pass an open book test on Corps of Engineers EM-385 Safety and Health Requirements Manual. The test will be administered by the field office staff the for the designated location assigned and must be completed within 15 days of on-boarding.
About Copper River & The Native Village of Eyak:
Owned by the Native Village of Eyak (NVE), a federally recognized Alaska Native Tribe, the Copper River Family of Companies are a collection of entities that deliver a complementary set of solutions and services to support the diverse missions and requirements of our clients. Proud participants of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program since 2006, our companies consist of both current and graduation SBA 8(a) entities. It is our collective purpose to support the Tribe and diversify the NVE’s ability to facilitate economic advancement.
The income generated from our companies helps the Native Village of Eyak fund health and social services, economic development, natural resource/environmental education, jobs, job training, and other benefits to the NVE in a manner that is consistent with Alaskan Native cultural values and traditions.
Copper River’s Culture
The Copper River Family of Companies has a positive, supportive, and thriving culture. At the foundation of our culture is a focus on collaboration. No matter your role or which operating company you work for, we are ONE TEAM working toward the same goals for our customers and for our collective owner- The Native Village of Eyak. How we treat each other is just as important as the work we deliver.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Open leave policy and paid holidays
- Additional benefits including tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, regular associates at Copper River.
The Copper River Family of Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.