Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
About the Team:
Corporate Development & Strategic Finance works on key acquisition and strategy initiatives. The team is focused on identifying, evaluating and executing on organic and inorganic opportunities to drive growth at Credit Karma and meet organizational objectives. Key activities include investigating strategic opportunities, including evaluating global M&A alternatives, JV and minority investment prospects, conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analyses, providing financial insight and support for business initiatives and preparing, reviewing and presenting findings to corporate leadership. The Senior Manager will report to the Vice President, Finance and Analytics.
What you'll do:
- Performing independent industry competitive research and monitoring and evaluating capital markets and M&A activity across consumer technology
- Driving top-of-the-funnel M&A process including: market scans, target assessments, TAM and market share analyses
- Supporting leadership across the entire M&A process, including inorganic strategies, market scans, target valuation, leading detailed cross-functional due diligence, definitive document negotiation and integration planning and execution
- Leveraging independent external resources and internal Marketing, Product & Engineering, Business Operations and FP&A teams to gain insight into current business and partners and provide thought leadership to relevant stakeholders
- Working cross-functionally on major new initiatives to build business cases, financial models and pricing proposals to determine impact on business unit and company P&L
- Preparing and leading presentations for senior corporate executives
- Applying rigorous financial and valuation acumen to assess strategic initiatives
- Collaborating with internal and external partners to facilitate deal execution
- Attending industry conferences and meeting with FinTech leaders, start-up CEOs and founders and industry experts
What we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or strategy consulting and at least 2-3 years of work experience in corporate development, strategy or finance, preferably at a technology company
- Background knowledge of, or strong interest in, financial technology; willingness to learn new industries and sectors quickly
- Desire to be a key member of an active deal team which regularly engages with start-up and established tech companies
- Excellent valuation/analytical skills and creativity in problem solving
- Strong financial modeling and other Excel and PowerPoint-based skills
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Comfort working in high pressure situations, often with short deadlines
- Well-rounded interpersonal skill set with the capacity to build strong relationships
- Self-motivation and willingness to proactively take on cross-functional leadership roles
What we would like to see:
- BA/BS equivalent from a leading institution. Economics, mathematics, statistics, business or engineering degrees preferred
- MBA or JD/MBA
- Track record of strong academic performance
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: