Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As an experienced backend software engineer on our product engineering team, you get to work on a growing team at Credit Karma that will directly impact various verticals (home, auto, personal loans, and credit cards). You'll work on a platform that is responsible for handling millions of members accessing their Credit Karma accounts, including registration, login, SMS 2FA, and account recovery. Also you'll also have an opportunity to work on projects that enable our members to go from clicking on an offer to approval within seconds, enabling a seamless application experience without leaving Credit Karma’s app. Our vision is to build an end-to-end framework for users to securely and easily access their accounts across all platforms and verticals. There is an enormous opportunity to build things at scale, move fast, and have a high impact across many different verticals, including our Core product, Mortgage, Credit Cards and Assets.
What you’ll do:
- Actively contribute to critical efforts including but not limited to build-out of new product features, design and development of new micro-services
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
- Identifying ways to improve our technology and process
- Lead by example and mentor team members by providing technical and design guidance
- Lead or participate in code and technical design reviews
What’s great about the our Product Engineering Teams:
- Work on projects that really do influence a member’s life and find options that they need for their goals, with high certainty! Build features that enable the member to understand how to get the financial products that are right for them
- “Can do” attitude, we want to release the best possible products and features for our members
- Work on a growing team at Credit Karma in an impactful and complex domain
- Team has the feel of a startup within a larger company
- Highly collaborative environment, where engineers work closely with cross-functional counterparts in QE, product, marketing, product, data engineering and business analytics, and a host of others
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 3-5 years of industry experience in Scala, Java, and/or any functional language.
- 2-4 years of industry experience in microservices architecture, messaging patterns, and deployment models
- Experience in API design and building robust and extendable client/server contracts
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices
- A solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and Linux operating systems
- Experience with SQL and relational database schema design
- Experience with Node
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: