Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma depends upon our users' trust. Securing and safeguarding our member’s data is the most important factor in ensuring the ongoing success of Credit Karma. With our product offerings now including Credit Karma Money, it’s more important than ever that we continue to build world-class fraud capabilities within our data infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, evaluate and defend machine learning models to detect various types of fraud, with a focus on protecting our members’ CK Money checking and savings accounts
- Collaborate with business partners to deploy models and create and deploy strategies utilizing model results
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor and measure model and strategy impact
- Collaborate with business partners to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Fraud Data Science team
What’s great about the role:
- Collaborate on addressing fascinating, challenging, complex problems to make a meaningful impact on our members’ financial progress.
- Own the data science aspects of various problems and opportunities
- Work cross functionally (with engineering, fraud strategy, product, and other data science teams) to ensure efficient and effective use of your models.
- Represent Credit Karma to various partners and/or government bodies
- Maintain compliance with various regulatory schemes
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- 3-5+ years of industrial experience in Data Science, - Machine Learning and related areas
- Deep statistical understanding of data at scale
- Authoritative knowledge of Python and SQL
- Experience in financial fraud and abuse
- Experience with banking / finance data
- Strong business problem solving, communication and collaboration skills
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Proficiency in deep learning ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with experimentation design and analysis
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (especially GCP), Apache airflow, graph models, and/or data-driven strategy design and optimization are all a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: