Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
You’ll join a team with exceptionally high editorial standards. Our team members have worked at some of the top media and personal finance outlets in the U.S., and we are consistently growing. As Director of Editorial, you’ll lead a team that will play a pivotal role in helping our readers understand and navigate complex financial decisions. You’ll work closely with business leaders to lead a multifaceted team in developing a comprehensive content strategy for new areas of coverage.
What you’ll do:
- Build on a robust editorial roadmap and content marketing strategy that reflects Credit Karma’s mission of putting our members first while also driving business growth
- Mentor, empower, resource and scale a multifaceted team to achieve the above strategy while embodying Credit Karma culture and values
- Communicate the above strategy across the organization to key stakeholders and generate buy-in
- Establish and report out against key performance metrics to measure effectiveness
- Scale/execute content strategies in a wide range of channels (in-app, email, push, SEM, podcast, etc)
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing vendors and participate in vendor negotiations
- Closely monitor digital, social and cultural trends to inform outreach/content strategy and optimizations
- Clearly articulate editorial benefits and tradeoffs with key stakeholders
- Be accountable for the oversight of all editorial initiatives and related performance objectives
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 8+ of experience driving growth via content marketing
- Experience managing and leading large cross-functional teams/projects to drive meaningful results
- Deep understanding of marketing principles and the ability to speak confidently about conversion funnels, brand voice, audience segmentation, etc…
- Proven ability to scale content at a growing company and build a successful team
- A deep understanding of SEO and its role in content strategy
- Prior experience in financial services journalism or content creation in a highly regulated environment. Industry experience in personal loans, auto loans or home loans is preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical skills, able to quickly understand data and use it to influence decision making
- Skill in developing business cases and driving results against them
- Ability to influence at the senior leadership level
- Culture-first leadership style
- Must be able to prioritize and make tradeoff decisions between disparate teams and resources
- Experience in publishing within software development lifecycles
- Experience in editorial operations and/or Editorial-adjacent areas, such as social media, and/or public relations
- Experience in multiple online marketing platforms (Google Analytics, Conductor, BrightEdge, SEMRush, Botify, DeepCrawl, ScreamingFrog, GSC) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: