Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a new member of the Credit Karma Product Design team, you'll work with product managers, engineers, analysts, and researchers to promote growth and learning within the Design team. You'll help us find high impact opportunities to help our members achieve their financial goals. You will report to The Director of Product Design.
What you'll do:
- Design experiences for our team, partnering closely with product managers to identify member and business problems and opportunities
- Drive differentiation strategies for new product
- Create high quality user experiences that aim to help members make financial progress
- Partner directly with Content Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Analysts, and business stakeholders to to help them develop approaches to solve member problems
- Explore opportunities to grow an emerging horizontal inside of Credit Karma and make an impact in members' financial lives
What we are looking for:
- Have 8+ years of relevant product design experience
- Experience designing cohesive user experiences using a mature design system
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or similar
- Demonstrated experience shipping user centered approaches
- Case studies of several successful projects in market
What we would like to see:
- Experience designing products that fit into complex systems and user journeys
- Experience partnering with researchers to gain insight and develop strategies to create high impact approaches
- Experience with a mobile first design approach
- A demonstrated history of leveraging data collection mechanisms to create meaningful product experiences
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: