Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The machine learning platform provides tools and services for building feature transformations, distributed deep learning models, model lifecycle management, counterfactual simulation and budget optimization for continuously improving user engagement and revenue generation for our 100 million+ Credit Karma users.
This role is also exciting because you'll provide capabilities for feature engineering, monitor feature quality and serve features at scale for the models.
What we do:
- We're a team of Machine Learning Engineers continuously building and improving Credit Karma's Machine Learning Platform. Our mission is to help improve user experience through better personalization.
- We build ML Infrastructure and own a custom MLOps framework that helps data scientists develop, deploy, and manage models at scale.
- We develop, scale, and innovate on a platform for machine learning, prediction serving, and personalized recommendation serving.
What's great about the role:
- The ML Platform provides tools and services for feature engineering, monitoring feature quality, serving features at scale, building feature transformations, training Deep Learning and AI models, continuous training/refresh, and model lifecycle management.
- We partner with data scientists to design, develop, and deploy platform capabilities to build AI.
- You will use a variety of technologies such as BigQuery, Apache Beam, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-Learn and Apache Airflow on Big Data.
- Technologies for production serving and personalization include Scala, Finagle, BigTable, GRPC, TF-Serving, Thrift, Kubernetes, Splunk and Grafana.
What we are looking for:
- Dynamic server-side OOP languages; Scala, Java, C++, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar; design patterns, algorithms, statistics, probability theory, machine learning, artificial intelligence, programming languages, networking and operating systems; web application internals and common technologies; deployment strategies
What we would like to see:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Modern data technologies include technologies such as in-memory, distributed and serverless processing (e.g. spark/dataflow/cloud-functions), key/value vs. document vs. column oriented datastores (e.g. bigquery, bigtable, cloud-search), message queues (kafka/pub-sub), elastic scaling (kubernetes, instance-groups), etc
- Modern machine learning and optimization technologies include familiarity with toolkits like sklearn, scipy, tensorflow and pytorch
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: