Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
About the Team
The Platform team at Credit Karma manages all of our services, frameworks, and tools to serve our 110 million+ members. As a senior software engineer on our platform engineering team you will help our product engineering teams build, deploy and manage their services at scale. Our teams build internal products like frameworks, tools, and guidance to help manage engineering's code, pipelines and services. There is an enormous opportunity to build things at scale, move fast, and have a high impact across many different projects.
What you'll do:
- You will develop features and improvements for the products at Credit Karma using React and Typescript
- You will design new features in our existing products that aim to increase developer productivity and velocity
- You will develop and maintain Frontend code quality best practices. Teach and promote these principles through code review
- You will design new features in our existing products that aim to increase scalability and velocity
- You will Participate in code and technical reviews. Mentor junior engineers
- You will improve frameworks for maximum security, speed and scalability
What's great about the role:
- Join an engineering team that is experiencing explosive growth and we are growing the team to expand our product portfolio
- We are solving BIG problems that are changing old industries
- Opportunity to improve the lives of our members
- Fast-paced environment that operates like a 'start-up' within Credit Karma
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of programming experience with a focus on front end development
- 4+ years experience in at least one relevant front-end framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
What we would like to see:
- You have a solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and Linux operating systems
- You have experience with GraphQL
- You have experience with HTML and CSS
- You have experience with cloud-based environments (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field or software development training program
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: