Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- You will work with the latest Android frameworks, design patterns, and technologies
- You will help guide the features and direction of the app with your own ideas
- You will develop Android applications using Kotlin and write your own APIs in GraphQL
- You will collaborate with iOS, Web, and Backend engineering teams
- You will ensure high quality, performance, and responsiveness of the application
- You will implement metrics and dashboards to empower data-driven decisions
- You will work with Product, Analytics, Design, Security, Data, Machine Learning, and other teams
What's great about the role:
- You will work directly with Product and Design teams to brainstorm new features and drive requirements
- You are building member-facing experiences that impact millions of people's financial health
- You will help guide the direction of the technological choices and design of the application
- You will work directly with engineering teams outside of Android
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of industry work experience as an Android Engineer.
- Proficiency with Kotlin
What we would like to see:
- Familiarity with popular Android design patterns
- Familiarity with functional and stateless programming
- Comfortable with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
- Experience with the full software development life cycle and continuous integration
- Customer-focused and data-driven
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: