Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Creative Strategy Manager II primary role is to partner with business owners, brand strategy, the creative team and external agencies to develop breakthrough ideas that deliver on business goals and continue to evolve the Credit Karma brand. It’s the Creative Strategist’s role to lead the development and execution of all marketing deliverables and manage the day-to-day relationship between the creative team and key business stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners, including vertical business leads, creative team, brand strategy and performance marketing.
- Collaborate with all departments in the development of strategic and operational marketing initiatives, which are built on what we know about our 100MM members.
- Guide and influence marketing inputs to ensure the team is set up to meet business goals, and surface strategic opportunities to improve the creative work. Drive process optimization to operate efficiently.
- Provide leadership within the creative team by reviewing all creative work to ensure it’s on brief and meets business objectives. Lead brainstorming of new ideas and initiatives, based on knowledge of audience, product, channels and previous creative performance.
- Manage the creative development process through production with internal and/or outside agency partners, to deliver assets on time and on budget. Proactively anticipate issues or roadblocks and collaborate cross-functionally to find solutions.
- Lead the day to day management of internal projects ensuring the highest level of creative quality. Lead and support creative brief development, management of creative reviews, status reports, development and implementation of testing plans, and interpretation of creative performance results to inform future optimizations.
What's great about the role:
- You will own the end to end development and execution of all marketing deliverables, helping to drive the business and Credit Karma brand forward
- You will champion work that is focused on Credit Karma’s 100 million members, ensuring the marketing we create is in service of helping them make financial progress.
Minimum Basic Qualifications
- 5+ years in an account management role at an advertising agency or in a marketing/creative manager role.
- Understanding of all disciplines of marketing, including brand and performance marketing, creative production and media, as well as Credit Karma’s products and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated grasp of marketing principles across digital channels.
- Experience managing production from start to finish across digital, social, online video, TV and radio.
- A proven ability to sift through feedback to find the issues that matter and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to influence and drive consensus within cross-functional teams to get to the best ideas and results.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Positive, collaborative and empathetic, with a passion for helping people make financial progress.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: