Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Core Team is looking for an Associate Director, Product Management who will focus on the heart of our mission: using our scale in the marketplace to help millions of members make financial progress while growing and diversifying engagement with Credit Karma. In the last quarters this team has helped people build their credit, navigate the financial crisis, solve collections, and create plans to pay down debt. If you're interested in running the strategy at the intersection of our mission and creating market-leading experiences that impact tens of millions of members, this could be the role for you.
Problems you’ll solve:
- Americans have $1 trillion in Credit Card Debt, $1.5 trillion in Student Loans, and over $10 trillion in other consumer debt. How can we help people make faster progress on paying down debt but also using it wisely to open new opportunities?
- Similarly, 40% of Americans cannot afford a $400 emergency without going into debt; millions have credit scores so low they cannot access funds to buy a car or home; and millions need direction on their finances to achieve their dreams.
- How can we use our scale as a company and our vantage point (insight into the debt of 80M+ Americans) to launch products that address these problems, making Credit Karma the essential destination to make financial progress?
What you’ll do:
- Grow and diversify engagement with Credit Karma by creating new experiences that help members make progress financially.
- Work with partners in design, engineering, analytics, legal, and marketing, and executives to bring a strategy through to successful execution and market impact.
- Manage product managers to grow them and help them guide successful execution.
- Product discovery work including identifying and testing strategies that help us to accomplish our mission, and then performing along those strategies.
- Develop domain expertise and empathy for our members and partners to build unique and creative products that can make a difference in the industry.
What’s great about it:
- A satisfying mission, working to make financial progress for everyone and we have lots of work yet to be done.
- You will join a fun and experienced crew of motivated teammates always looking for ways to make work more fun.
- You will work on a product team that has quietly become one of the best in technology by creating an environment that makes it easy to take risks and learn together.
Things we look for:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- You have a passion for creating great products.
- Relevant product management experience
- You have managed teams in the past
- Lifelong learner: you have a teaching and learning mindset, and aren't afraid of topics and challenges you haven't encountered before.
- Master organizer: you find joy in organizing complexity and eliminate chaos.
- Bring teams together through collaboration
- Flexible to react to changing priorities
- Experience with and love of creating market leading consumer product experiences from positioning to pixels
- You can manage towards, and improve metrics
- You are an entrepreneur who has worked at scale and have experimented to find product market fit and have scaled those products
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: