Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
We are looking for innovative and hands-on Senior Data Scientists to join our effort for helping our members to achieve their financial goals with most relevant financial products and actionable financial recommendations
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with colleagues throughout the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to leverage our extensive data to better serve our users
- Responsible for accelerating revenue advancement through disruptive and continuous improvements in various data science models (targeting, approval odds, marketing campaigns, etc.), feature engineering including user profiles and behavior, personalization, etc.
- Be a strong contributor in our industry-first data science / machine learning platform for financial institutions, to enable certainty of approval for 100+ million consumers!
- Participate research efforts with other team members to explore the frontiers of Deep Learning, Recommender systems, and other areas, as they apply to Personal Finance
- Represent Data Science in cross functional meetings and reviews. Be able to translate difficult technical subject matter to business partners
- Represent Credit Karma in external forums such as conferences and meetups, and act as an evangelist for CK team in such forums
What’s great about the role:
- You will work with large scale Machine Learning Models to optimize for Personal Finance Products
- You will be part of a highly impactful team, who are working on large scale projects that directly impact the business and members
- You will experience both personal and professional growth as you encourage growth throughout the team
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- 3-5+ years of experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and related areas, ideally in hyper-growth consumer Internet scenarios
- Deep statistical understanding of data at scale
- Authoritative knowledge of Python/R and SQL
- Experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, time series analysis, mixed-effect models, etc
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Proficiency in deep learning ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch, etc
- Experience with Finance data (credit record data, loan underwriting)
- Ambitious, results oriented, hardworking and creative thinker
- Experience with techniques in Deep Learning, advanced Recommendations Systems, Search Ranking, and experimentation design and analysis
- Experience with optimizing business outcomes in hyper-growth Internet companies (predictive science, ad yield management, marketplaces, etc)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: