Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As Director of Product Marketing you will lead Product Marketing for our Core business and coach two Product Marketers on other verticals. Product Marketing is still in the process of scaling at Credit Karma and needs a leader, who can inspire and continue to sell the value of the function across our company. This team currently leads development of Go To Market plans, guides testing strategy holistically across specific verticals through strong partnership with Growth Marketing, develops program strategy and macro testing, creates optimal user flows between marketing and product, ensures member pain points are addressed in marketing, and drives integration between Product and Marketing.
We need a dynamic, consumer-centric and results-oriented leader, who will combine strategy and execution to better understand our members and help deliver experiences that meet their needs. We’re looking for someone, who gets excited to explore, understand and solve real consumer financial problems - that’s what we’re in the business of here at Credit Karma.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Product Marketing for our Core business by partnering closely with Growth Marketing and Product (Examples of projects include creation of financial plans for our members to help them reach their goals and cross promotion across our product and partner ecosystem)
- Own the Go-To-Market function and establish best practices for this function at Credit Karma on Core, Auto and Assets (Go To Market plans currently include business goals, marketing goals, competitive overviews, target audience segment definition, audience insights, product overview, member journey, Reasons to Believe, messaging strategy, campaign brief, macro channel mix, and channel rollout timeline)
- Set the vision for the Product Marketing team and how it serves the broader business goals of the company
- Coach and train two Product Marketers on Auto and Assets. Build a strong team by establishing a regular cycle of training, share outs, and career development/promotion within your team
- Evangelize Product Marketing to grow the team over time by demonstrating best in class examples of Product Marketing, showing positive impact on the business and building strong relationships across the company
- Partner closely with Growth Marketing, Product, Research, Brand and Creative teams to ensure the successful launch and marketing support of new products and ongoing marketing of them. You will also act as a consultant to Heads of Marketing for specific verticals on their respective launches as needed and ensure that Product Marketers are delivering on their respective KPIs and career development areas
What’s Great About the Role
- Lead Product Marketing for some of our company’s most exciting launches
- Work at a mission driven company and truly help people reach their financial goals, everything from getting out of debt to buying their first home
- Enjoy a leadership role by setting the vision for our Product Marketing team, defining its role at Credit Karma, and over time growing the team
Minimum Basic Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in Product Marketing at a consumer technology company or commensurate experience, such as Growth Marketing. Must have strong examples and case studies of impactful, insight-driven Go to Market plans
- A proven track record of using data at all levels of decision making and operations; a quantitative and qualitative product marketer*
- Has grown and mentored a team
- Exceptional ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and lead cross-functional teams. Must have strong emotional intelligence and powers of persuasion
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A passion for creating transformative consumer experiences, and a track record of implementing such experiences via marketing, products and programs
- Excitement and savvy for applying new technologies for next-generation consumer facing product experiences in the Fintech space
- High energy and positive attitude with a "can do," solution-oriented mindset
- MBA preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: