Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- Develop strategy for external data assets to support Credit Karma’s product and goals
- Conduct research on ecosystems and due diligence with partners to understand data sources, coverage, and quality
- Build business cases evaluating the benefits and costs of partnership opportunities and negotiate deals for Credit Karma
- Manage credit bureau relationships in the UK to ensure data quality & value, manage ongoing success, and identify new opportunities
- Drive strategic engagements and build effective communication channels with partners and stakeholders
- Interface closely with Engineering, Product, Design, Analytics, and Legal to drive effective collaboration on projects and deals
What’s great about the role:
- You get to build partnerships strategy for different business units across Credit Karma
- You will negotiate deals to develop new strategic and first-of-a-kind partnerships
- You will manage our most critical relationships around the world to make financial progress possible for Credit Karma’s members
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in consulting, business development, or partnerships
- 6 - 8 years proven subject matter and partnerships expert
- Knowledgeable of credit data, media technology ecosystems, or consumer fintech
- Proven deal-maker - Significant experience managing the full cycle all the way through deal close
- Problem solver - Comfortable with ambiguity, capable of structuring business and data strategies independently in fast-paced environment
- Self-starter (with international experience) - Ability to get things done across multiple geographies, competing priorities, and different cross-functional teams
- Subject matter and partnerships expert - Significant experience managing complex partner relationships that touch different parts of the organization and/or require internal trade-offs
- Strong communicator - Ability to effectively prioritize projects, but also adept at concisely communicating progress, status, and issues to management or company leadership
- Team player / collaborator - Proven ability to collaborate with Product and Engineering functions and experience with technical integrations/on-boarding
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: