Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of Credit Karma verticals, services and products to provide consistently excellent support to our members
- Respond to member requests via email, live chats, social channels and/or phone support
- Gather feedback and communicate key user issues and trends as appropriate
- Effectively communicate issue resolutions or updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in creating and maintaining Credit Karma’s knowledgebase and Help Center articles to ensure relevancy and develop robust internal and member-facing resources
- Resource for front-line service center support teams to ensure that escalations are handled appropriately and in an efficient manner
- Provide visibility into opportunities to improve member or team experience
- Partner with Software Developers and Product Specialists to identify and prioritize issues/feature requests and document issues within JIRA
- Conduct product research in order to provide members with applicable solutions
- Thrive in high-pressure, highly charged and dynamic environments (usually December-May) but also is comfortable leveraging year-round training and professional development to effectively support all Credit Karma products
- Other assigned tasks/projects as needed in an ever-evolving role
Minimum basic requirements:
- 1-3 years of member support/customer service experience, financial institution preferred, tax preparation or CPA experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills with a dynamic personality and member-focused approach who rejoices in team success
- Experience using a ticketing platform like Zendesk, Salesforce, etc. strongly preferred
- Effective and assertive communicator (written and verbal)
- Methodical, highly organized and detail oriented, working with a high level of accuracy
- Must be flexible and adaptable to work in a rapidly evolving environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: