CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a solid cross language Backender with cloud architecture vision that helps us code and maintain our eCommerce platform. This position lives in the Platform Squad, which is responsible for the core backend projects of the company.
The impact of your work is directly related to revenue generation so it's important you have the ability to translate business needs into software features.
This is our current stack:
Database: MySQL & MongoDB
Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Infra as code with Terraform, S3, Route53
CI/CD: we use GitLab pipelines for automatic deployments, we are starting to use automated testing and in the near future we are about to implement static code analyzers
Agile Methodology (we're iterating here, we are small now and our processes are evolving as the team grows)
- Develop new features to support business needs.
- Troubleshoot any number of issues and create documentation of them. Perhaps under pressure.
- Responsible for database design, implementation, and query development; specifically MySQL.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development of best practices, and new technologies
- Being part of the code review process and helping to mentor other engineers.
- You are a good team player enthusiastic about delivering results.
- You care for the quality of code. Simply good is not enough.
- You can handle inherited, spaghetti legacy projects.
- You have at least +5yrs of experience as a Software Engineer and you can engage with projects in NodeJS and PHP.
- You're proficient in MySQL database management.
- Experience working with Docker/Kubernetes/CI environments.
- USD compensation
- Paid time off: 15 business days and 16 National Holidays.
- Company notebook.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!