Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
To keep up with our growth we need your help! As our Senior Controller (f/m), you will be a vital part of our Operations team, optimise processes and tools to make sure the daily business of Contentful is running smoothly.
- Together with our tax advisor and the Head of Operations you will prepare and analyse our monthly accounts. You will also monitor international cash flows and optimise the debt collection process - especially for our large enterprise clients
- You will create financial reports to ensure cost structures throughout the company are routinely undergoing inspection and cost optimisation
- You support our Head of Operations and our CEO to prepare reports and analyses which will be used to plan our future growth and to get new investors on board
- You will develop a budgeting process for the company which will help the departments to plan their efforts in accordance with the company's overall financial goals. You will review the process on a regular basis and adapt to new situations suiting our fast-changing startup environment
- You have a university degree in business economics/finance and have been working in the finance field for at least 3 years
- You know how to work with budgets, financial planning and feel comfortable acting as an in-house consultant to the other department heads to help them drive their part of the business, backed by the numbers from Controlling
- You love working with numbers, are detail oriented and you have practical experience in accounting
- You excel at reports and analyses through Excel or spreadsheets. Pivot tables and Lookup functions are your best friends
- You work independently and you are able to think outside the box
- Proficiency in English required, German language skills would be a big plus
- Join an innovative tech company; our product is made by developers, for developers and we count among our investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with; from hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!