About the opportunity
At Contentful, we are always searching for top candidates to join our global team of Account Executives. We are particularly interested in individuals with experience in the Italian market.
This is a speculative job description, and an immediate opening may not be available. However, we still encourage interested candidates to apply. In the first instance, a recruitment team member will be in touch to discuss your profile and explain more about Contentful.
Thank you for being so interested in Contentful. We will keep your application on file should a suitable opportunity arise.
As an Account Executive, you will lead the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to closing, driving net new revenue and uncovering upsell opportunities with both new and existing customers. You will collaborate closely with our Customer Experience and Marketing teams to nurture and grow a regional customer base. You will follow a consultative sales process to communicate effectively with professional developers and business leaders.
What to expect?
- Self-generation of the pipeline through outbound motions in conjunction with marketing and BDR teams to help create new opportunities in regional accounts
- Position, negotiate, and spearhead expansion opportunities with existing clients in Italy
- Grow existing accounts by leveraging relationships and following our comprehensive “land and expand” sales model
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and clients while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value-based selling approach
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to uncover technical challenges and opportunities
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures, and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective customers
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience selling a technical platform working as either an SDR/BDR and/or Account Executive
- 1+ years of individual quota-carrying experience
- 1+ years of growing and expanding existing customer accounts
- Demonstrated expertise in closing $60-100k+ opportunities
- Ability to drive your own pipeline generation with outbound capabilities
- Experience working with Partner ecosystems to work with customers
- Native level fluency in Italian
Nice to have:
- Previous CMS (content management system) experience
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company.
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid Time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life's challenges
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness.
- Enjoy various virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties.
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after two years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other fantastic swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/.
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.