About the opportunity
Contentful Learning Services creates impactful, scalable learning experiences to help software developers, content authors, content architects, and other Contentful customer roles get the most out of the Contentful platform. We don’t do average. We’re out to reset the industry standard for helping customers quickly create value while building on the best practices that lead to long term success.
We’re looking to hire a multi-talented, technically savvy learning design expert who can help us continue to create the industry’s most creative, impactful, and engaging learning experiences.
What to expect?
- You will research how different Contentful users are leveraging our platform to identify learning outcomes and scope high-impact learning materials.
- You will collaborate with key stakeholders across the business, fellow learning experience designers, your learning services teammates, and subject matter experts within Contentful to uncover business and learning needs.
- You will own the end-to-end design, development, and release of new learning materials (self-paced courses, videos, simulations, documents, job aids, etc.) for the Contentful Learning Center.
- You will design comprehension checks and assessment activities that accurately gauge learners’ ability to use Contentful software for real-world tasks.
- You will measure and analyze the impact of learning materials and continuously maintain and update content to better support business and learning goals.
- You will seek continuous improvement in the areas of operational excellence, scalability, efficiency, and learning effectiveness.
What you need to be successful?
- You like to turn over rocks, just to see what’s underneath.
- Bachelor’s degree in a learning or technology-related field.
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design/learning experience design.
- You are an architect and a builder who enjoys creating engaging, interactive learning courses with assets such as videos, graphics, and diagrams, often from scratch.
- Your portfolio shows that you are an innovator with the ability to find creative solutions to complex learning problems.
- You can tell a story with visuals and words.
- You have experience working with technical SMEs, solution architects, or software developers to adapt and distill complex, technical topics into digestible and delightful learning experiences.
- You are a lifelong learner who enjoys tackling new subjects and teaching others.
- You are well-organized and can easily guide large projects through various stages of development while still meeting tight deadlines.
- You have experience with industry-standard learning development tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Evolve, and Camtasia.
- You have experience using an LMS.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment that requires juggling multiple time-sensitive projects.
- You embody all of our core values: #behumble, #startwiththecustomer, #growthmindset, #strivetogether
- Bonus points: You’ve worked as a software developer or have experience with content management systems!
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $105,000 - $111,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.