About the opportunity
As Contentful’s Senior People Operations Specialist, you’ll be joining a team that is passionate about people and constantly improves their experience. You'll be a valuable resource for our colleagues at all levels of the organization, providing guidance and support to help make them successful. You’ll be the glue that holds together daily people operations, ensuring processes are updated and followed, and employees are the highest priority. You ensure a seamless experience with quality in every interaction.
What to expect?
- Implement and optimize people operations policies and workflows across the organization
- Manage people operations documentation, ensuring it is continuously updated, understandable, and easily accessible in our self-service model
- Ensure a smooth on and off-boarding process, maintaining good relationships with all parties involved
- Act as first point of contact for international employee inquiries regarding policies, processes, systems, labor law, employee data, and other People Team related topics
- Process visa, immigration, and relocation support, German language and bureaucracy
- First point of contact for our global EOR partner, ensuring employee information is and processes are correct and continuously updated in their systems
- Responsible for the preparation of contract related paperwork for people operations, our managers and employees
- General administration (new hire setup and comms, data entry and maintenance in multiple systems, background checks, contractor management, audit requests, verifications of employment, etc)
- Ensure accuracy of employee data in people related systems; including outsourced payroll systems
- Update and maintain our internal people team intranet on a regular basis
- Support projects and other various people related tasks
What you need to be successful?
- Experience working in a global/international people operations team across multiple locations, in a high growth environment
- Experience in an HR shared services model
- Experience working cross-functionally to automate processes and reduce tactical administration
- Experience with HR policies, labor law, compliance, and visa/immigration processing in multiple countries in Europe; ideally first hand working knowledge in Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland and others
- A customer-first perspective and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization, across multiple countries and cultures
- Capability of working with limited supervision; proactive with strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Experience with Workday as an HR system is ideal or administration and workflow experience in another global HRIS
- An analytical/structured mindset and rigorous attention to detail
- Fluent in German and English
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.