About the opportunity
Contentful is seeking a Staff designOps specialist who can help us continue to positively evolve the User Experience team (product design, writing, research) as we navigate scale-up growth. This is an opportunity to lead program management and operations for the user experience side for the whole organization.
The work is focused on education, tooling, and creating smart systems to simplify workflows; creating space for people to focus on doing their best work and amplifying the impact of design, research, and writing at Contentful. The User Experience team consists of 25 people and we’re aiming to be around 35 within the next year.
The majority of the team is based in Berlin, but this is a remote-friendly position. You’ll be part of the User Experience leadership team reporting to the Senior Design Director.
What to expect?
- Partner closely with the Senior Design Director
- Operations lead for the entire User Experience team (research ops, design ops, writing ops)
- Team culture
- Working closely with HR to build programs like career ladders, promotions cycles, onboarding, interview process…
- Help defined the operating model and train and empower managers to execute on it
- Work closely with directors and managers to understand challenges design teams are facing and help solve them through process changes, training, or better communication
- Socializing the design process to other teams. Amplify the value of design and build awareness by introducing design to different parts of the organization.
- Establishing strong cross-functional partnerships. Break down teams and discipline silos and foster strong relationships across teams.
- Craft and manage schedules
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Significant experience in leading multiple initiatives simultaneously
- The ability to lead complex design topics, scaling your presence from clearly communicating a design vision to addressing project or organizational issues
- A deep understanding of human-centered design practices, how to leverage product design to solve complex business problems, and digital product development (consumer research, engineering, and data)
- Team development, recruiting and org building experience
- Experience building relationships with leadership across the organization (with marketing, sales, customer experience, etc.), and comfortable influencing strategic decisions
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-SB1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.