About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for an outcomes driven, growth minded, Sales Development Manager (f/m/d) to own all aspects of our quickly growing SDR organization in the EMEA. You will play a pivotal role in scaling our Sales Development organization towards a Product Led motion, building teams that add value to our self serve customers as well as those that drive expansion within our existing customer base. This role reports directly to our Head of Global Sales Development, who reports to our SVP of Sales, and is a direct source of knowledge, inspiration, and career development & progression across the SDR org, and will work with our exceptional People & Enablement teams to continually train, onboard, and mentor new and existing SDRs to drive the volume of fiscal pipeline needed to continue our rapid growth as a Company, and our people pipeline to create the next Rockstar Contentfuler@s to help behaviorize our values & culture as we quickly scale.
What to expect?
- Attract, Hire and Retain high performing SDRs at all levels (L1-3 based on capacity requirements) via all available channels (Greenhouse, Referrals, LinkedIn, Self-Sourced)
- Drive a high performance, high accountability culture (remote AND onsite) to achieve and exceed sales development expectations and goals
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of Modern Sales, our Contentful business model, and our methodology. This includes creating & sharing best practices on how to engage target audiences and personas, inbound lead follow-up, personalized outbound prospecting at scale, call coaching, objection handling/resolution, and value based qualification.
- Ensure that members of the SDR team develop the skills they need in order to perform and grow professionally by providing coaching through consistent, actionable & honest feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Work closely with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and other digital teams supporting the Americas on virtual campaigns and nurture programs
- Work closely with the Sales Directors, and other members of our SDR Leadership team to share insights on how to improve opportunity volume, quality, process, and distribution
- Partner with Product Marketing, Marketing Program Managers, and the Campaign Team, to develop effective go-to-market outbound cadences via Outreach
- Conduct quarterly, and mid-year performance reviews for direct reports to drive career growth
- Proactively identify and strategically make recommendations for areas of improvement
What you need to be successful?
- 2-3+ years of SDR leadership experience with a track record of excellence leading high performing, pipeline generation, or Inside Sales closing organizations in a fast-growing high technology company
- 2+ years of successful prospecting as an individual contributor
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and influence others by example
- Excellent working knowledge of the tools in today’s modern SDR stack, such as Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach.io, Demandbase
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English
- Proficient with sales technology tools including CRM (Salesforce.com experience is strongly preferred), s, InsightSquared, Google Applications, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization including sales, marketing, product, and engineering
- Digital marketing and eCommerce experience (CMS, SEO, PPC, Display, Social Media) experience is a plus
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset and strong analytical skills
- Start-up experience preferred
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.