About the Opportunity
Our Solution Engineers are close partners of our sales team and own key components of the sales process including infrastructural/architectural discovery, collaborative solution design, and technical validation. Solution Engineers may travel up to 25% of the time and will have the opportunity to work with teams around the world, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies.
What to expect?
- Support our sales team in helping prospects understand what’s possible with Contentful and how it compares to older legacy technologies
- Understand prospects' project requirements, help prospects validate these requirements against our platform, identify and mitigate technical and business risks
- Create product demonstrations and assist with technical evaluations to demonstrate how our platform solves identified business problems and integrates into a prospect’s technology stack
- Communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
What you need to be successful
- 3-5 years experience as a Sales/Solution Engineer/Architect or Solution Consultant for a cloud-based, growth-oriented PaaS or SaaS company
- Demonstrated proficiency in conveying technical and business knowledge to a mixed audience of business and technical stakeholders
- Experience with Rest APIs
Nice to Have's:
- Familiarity with cloud-based service architectures, deployment models, caching layers, performance metrics, and security
- Familiarity with omnichannel digital delivery concepts (iOS, Android, AR/VR, smartwatches, digital kiosks, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $200,000 - $210,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.